Tuesday 29 January 2013

Techno Tuesday- Smartboard Dictation!

I love using my Smartboard to quickly assess my students' rhythm/melody dictation skills. Keeping with our "Under the Sea" theme in grade 1, I created a simple Smartboard activity where students notate so-mi on my 4 line staff (right before we get to 5 lines) after hearing me sing a short so-mi melody.
Click HERE for the free Smartboard file!
 
 
My grade 4 students were working on identifying "syn-co-pa" (this year I actually started saying "ti-ta-ti" instead) in November. We learned "Canoe Song" to help us achieve our goal. I created a Smartboard activity helping students demonstrate the rhythm of the words in "Canoe Song".
Click HERE for this one!

And last of all today... a super fun one that is just great for practicing ta and ti-ti in a fun way!
Kooshball Rhythms! Click HERE for the Smartboard file. Check out The Music Interactive for more free resources.
 
- Steph

PS- I'm so sorry my files weren't available! Everything is fixed now so click on the Smartboard files and you can open them!

No comments:

Post a Comment