Monday 15 July 2013

Summer Music Festivals!

Have I mentioned that I love summer? I love summer. I love summer. 
I LOVE SUMMER!!!!! But seriously, I do. 

One of the best things about summer is being able to listen to live music outdoors! Here in Manitoba we have quite the list of outdoor music festivals, with my favourite by far being the 

There are 8 stages of wonderful music to choose from!

I took the entire festival in once again this year, and also camped where it took place, at Bird's Hill Provincial Park. What a great five days of music, dancing, friends, food, and the outdoors. And all of that to enjoy in such a warm, friendly and positive environment. 

A beautiful structure that extends above the trees was created this year as a meeting place.

I can't wait to share stories back at school and hear which students had a chance to get out to the festival. These conversations always lead to great discussions about local/Canadian artists. I love to create listening activities for my students that incorporate musical gems that I have found at the festival.

 The Big Blue stage at night. A TRIBE CALLED RED was getting a fantastic dance party going!

Last day at the festival. 
We're checking out NIYAZKAKI KING and my favourite fest find, COLD SPECKS.

What do you do in the summer? Please share the Music events you enjoy in the summer time! I'm always looking for fun music things to do and see in the summer! I looooooove summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment