Friday 19 July 2013

Sweet Dollar Store Finds!

I was so inspired the other day by my good friend Renee over at 
The Reading Corner. She found some really great dollar store finds! 
So good, that I decide to take a little trip to Dollarama myself!

Here's what I found!

1. Mini Hockey Nets.  
 My brother was obsessed with mini sticks growing up! I have many students who are also hockey lovers. Wouldn't it be fun to make a hockey target shot game out of these and have rhythms hanging as targets? Oooooo the possibilities!

2. Cd Cases
I thought I would adapt my Note Name Battleship game to fit into a CD case! Neato! I was looking for folders for that purpose and found these instead! 
3 for $1! Woot woot! I'll try it out and let you guys know what happens :)

3. Stylus Pen
 I totally copied Renee on this one! I bought a stylus for my new iPad too! Two bucks baby!

4. Ice Cube Trays!
I am most excited about these! Yay! At first glance they just look like ice cube trays, big whoop. But just wait! They can magically turn into tools for students to manipulate rhythm patterns in 4/4, 3/4, and 2/4! I love spying on classroom teacher blogs! I get great ideas from those gems... I've seen word and math work being done with ice cube trays, and thought... "Hmmm, I must have a use for these..."

5. Cute Pencil Case
 Unfortunately, I didn't find a cute iPad case but I did find this super adorable pencil case. I will keep my favourite pens, pencils and markers safe in here!

And ta-da! There ya go, five cool finds from a Dollarama. Love it!

What treasures have you found?
Please comment below and share a fave find that you have bought from a dollar store! 



2 comments:

  1. Very nice! Can't wait to see your battleship games!

    Last summer I found giant flyswatters. Like....huge. Three feet long! We use them to swat dynamics or other concepts on review games. They are so funny - they make any review game great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo! I love that idea! I didn't see those at Dollarama though. Did you get them at the Dollar Tree?

      Delete